That said, I like to read about role-playing and found a few blogs dedicated to the subject that I'm going to read through, and I figured I'd link them for you in case you wanted to join me in perusing the subject. I know I'm late to the game on finding these (I don't read many other blogs -- I like writing, but otherwise I'm in game or browsing comics), but this is just in case anyone else is a clueless moo like me.
RP Only Blogs
- Blogatelle -- Well-thought-out posts by a team of role players.
- RP Made Simple -- Delves into RP for the newbies and those who don't RP. Also has resources for veterans but mostly focuses on the clueless.
- WoW Insider: All the World's a Stage -- Mostly covers the lore and custom behind how to RP.
- Too Many Annas -- General RP blogging, I suggest starting with the oldest and working your way up. I particularly like her resources post and plan to check some of that out.
- Airee.net -- Avid roleplayer chronicles her own adventures.