I found the unused keycode only for $25 on Amazon and poked and prodded her to get it right away, because that was all I wanted.
The guy emailed it to her and she forwarded it to me. ^_^
So this is what you do:
You Have an Unused Collector's Edition Keycode
but you also have a non-collector's edition version of the game installed
- Call Customer Support.
- Wait 10-20 minutes listening to very loud hold music.
- Talk to a very friendly support person and tell them "I have the collector's edition code but I already have the regular version. So I'd like to upgrade my keycode to the collector's edition version."
- The support person says "Of course!" and asks for the following information:
- Your name.
- Your login (account) name.
- The name that the account belongs to. (This must be your name.)
- Your secret question answer.
- Once that's all verified, you give the nice support person the new keycode and they repeat it back to you.
- They make sure you know that your original keycode can't be reused, and as long as you still want to go ahead knowing that, they activate the new one on your account.
- "Next time you log in, you should have your netherwhelps in the mail on all existing characters!"
So this is confirmed. It totally works.