BUT here are the facts and the ways I and many others are using the system to speed-level characters that otherwise would just be moldering in our creation screens.
Linked accounts for bonus xp lasts 90 days.
- I send a friend invite to my husband. (You can also send one to yourself if you're in the mood to try multiboxing.)
- He creates a trial account and a character.
- He is limited to races from the original game (must buy the Burning Crusade expansion in order to play Draenei or Blood Elves).
- I create a character to play with him.
- As long as our characters are in CLOSE proximity (there is a physical distance in the game that is too far) you share 300% experience bonus and thus level 3x faster.
- All of his characters have the ability to level 3x faster if the invitER is with them.
- At 23 I either continue the character I started with him or switch to Birdfall (level 23), and she will begin to share the 300% experience (it doesn't matter which character the invitER uses, it just has to be same server and faction). We can also summon each other to wherever we are once an hour -- like a special hearthstone set to that other player.
- Restrictions for moving characters from one account to another.
- The "subscriber" must be the same person on both accounts.
- Trial accounts cannot transfer characters, they must be upgraded to a "paid" account.
- I need to verify that this can be done without buying the full version of the original game, but it's what my brother and his wife are planning on (got my info from them).
- If the referred person signs for 1 month of subscription, you get a free month (so if it's your trial account, you break even that first month).
- If they sign for 2 months of subscription, you get a Zhevra mount.
- They can give any of your characters bonus levels, up to 30 levels. (Must verify specifics.)
- You save a ton of time and effort with the experience bonus.
- You've wanted to try multiboxing but didn't want the level grind all over again.
- You really want a new main for the expansion.
- You really want every class for the expansion.
- Your significant other or best friend wants a character leveled and you love leveling together.
Your friend gets the account:
- They buy at least a month and you save $15 and benefit from the xp bonus on any character if you play together (their xp bonus is less if you're not with them, a good incentive to stay with you).
- To get the full 90 days out of it, you pay $35 (3 months) more than normal.
- First Month Subscription = $20
- If you buy the game, it's $20 and the first month free.
- If you upgrade to a subscription account online, it's $20 and the first month free.
- Month Subscription x 2 = $30
- Free Month for Getting a Referral to Buy 1 Month: -$15
- Optional character transfer: $25 per character.