Feel free to check Valentines 2007 and 2008. Last year has the quest chain walkthrough. I'll edit this post as I go, and don't forget that Lunar Festival is still going and ends very soon.
Get to a city innkeeper (not Exodar or Silvermoon) and get cologne, perfume (both have 10 charges, so just grab them one at a time, no need for bulk) and a bunch of Love Tokens.
Once an hour, if you're wearing the appropriate scent (cologne for female guards, perfume for male), you can show your love to a city guard by giving them a Love Token (right-click, "can I give?"). DO NOT waste Love Tokens until the Adored debuff wears off! I'm seeing people running around tossing love at guards or civilians continuously -- this does not get you the good presents. It gets you the cheap pointless presents.*
Sometimes, instead of a gift, they'll break your heart. If you see others with broken hearts, toss a ring of friendship at them and it will heal them. This is an achievement now, so you shouldn't have to beg to get fixed anymore.
Last note, you get GIFTS of Adoration from civilians and PLEDGES of Adoration from guards. They hold the same items but you need 1 GIFT from each city for an achievement.
*The cheap presents used to be useful in acquiring the Faction Gift Collection. Which used to be the ONLY way to get a Peddlefeet pet. Now he's a random rare drop. So no need to bother unless you really really want to waste the time.
Required Items for Title Achievement
Title: "The Love Fool"
- 20 Unbestowed Friendship Bracelets
- 10 Silver Shafted Arrows
- 10 Love Rockets
- 3 Different City Gifts of Adoration (from civilians)
- 11 Handful of Rose Petals
- 4 Different Holiday Candies
- 1+ Bag of Candies
- 1 Bouquet of Red or Ebon Roses (boss drop)*
- 5 Love Fool
Rare Drops from Pledges of Adoration
Gifts now soulbound.
Places You Have to Visit
And What You Do There
You need 5 Love Fools and at least 1 Handful of Rose Petals for this part. (Similar to handfuls of snowflakes at Winter Veil, the petals must go on characters with a specific race and class combination.)
- Dalaran: Click on a romantic picnic basket. Someone else should join you. Win. (Does not have to be your basket, can be anyone's.)
- Ironforge (A): Get a Gift of Adoration from a civilian. Drink until you get "smashed," perfume yourself, toss a Handful of Petals on Sraaz and /kiss him.
- Stormwind (A): Get a Gift of Adoration from a civilian. Pick up Dangerous Love, covered in my 2008 post.
- Darnassus (A): Get a Gift of Adoration from a civilian.
- Undercity (H): Get a Gift of Adoration from a civilian. Drink until you get "smashed," perfume yourself, toss a Handful of Petals on Jeremiah Payson and /kiss him. Pick up Dangerous Love, covered in my 2008 post.
- Orgrimmar (H): Get a Gift of Adoration from a civilian.
- Thunder Bluff (H): Get a Gift of Adoration from a civilian.
- Arathi Basin (Queue From a Battlemaster in Any City): Use a Love Fool at the blacksmith and /pity it, or /pity someone else's.
- Wintergrasp (Northrend): Use a Love Fool and /pity it anywhere in the zone.
- Gurubashi Arena (Stranglethorn Vale): Drop down in the ring that marks you for PVP, drop a Love Fool and /pity it, or /pity someone else's before you get killed.
- Culling of Stratholm (Tanaris, Level 75 Required): Go to the Caverns of Time, enter the instance, drop your Love Fool, /pity it, exit. May have minimum level requirement.
- Naxxramas (Northrend, Dragonblight, Winterguard Keep, Level 80? Required): Find a friend to join a group with you, convert to a raid (top of raid panel), enter the instance, drop your Love Fool, /pity it, exit. May have minimum level requirement.
- Alterac Mountains (89, 75): Final turn-in spot for the Dangerous Love quest chain.