Click here and register. That's all you need for the pet.
You can use their promotions once a day to earn tokens. Every token is an entry into the drawing for swag gear, but the pet is not included in the list of prizes. If you want those prizes go for them, but tokens aren't needed for the pet.
Head to "How Do I Earn Tokens?" They have a list of things to do.
- Sign in every day.
- Invite friends through email.
- Create a garish banner (aka Faction Flag) like I did at the top to refer people who click on it. (It WILL be removed as soon as this thing is over -- in 9 days.)
- Watch a video, any video, in the provided link.
- Click the MySpace link, click the image on the right.
- Click the Facebook link, click the "Boxes" tab, click the Game Fuel image.
- Click the Callout link, click Game Fuel image.
- Go to this Twitter page, find and click the link "http://warcraft.com/dew". It's used in several replies and I don't think it matters which one you click.
This is the pet. I am not sure what affects the color you get -- if you can choose or if those who pick horde on the website get the red and alliance get the blue, or if the color is affected based on which character you give it to in WoW itself.
I'm hoping we get to choose because I wanted the blue for Birdy. /nervous
It has been confirmed that you just need to enter to get the pet, you don't need tokens. An admin said:
The Pet will be free to users who register with the promotion and have a Blizzard account. You won't have to use points for it.Thanks to my pet-obsessed guild leader for poking me to clarify.