I was trying to lead a group to the pups and spiders in Lower Blackrock Spire and couldn't find directions (someone gave a link that was basically a 5-page text document with photos). A friend (who is insane and insists on doing every achievement and old world instance known to man) pointed out where to go.
(No, I'm not giving directions to Blackrock Mountain or Kibler, since they're the easy part of this. I figure if you're too lazy to look them up on Wowhead, you don't deserve the pets.)
Group of 1-5. Any class, well played, should be able to ninja through without trouble. Many suggest using invisibility potions if you don't have stealth or feign death. I'd personally just wait until 80 to solo it with the least amount of fuss. I had a group of 4 70's and we killed things like they were jokes. 80 should be laughably easy.
Getting into Lower Blackrock Spire:
- Go up the path and into the mountain until you hit the main lava room.
- Go right until you see the Meeting Stone.
- Take a right into the entrance just behind the Meeting Stone.
- Kill or ninja around the 54 normal mobs, keep going forward.
- At the end, you'll come to a ramp on your right, go up and up. Keep going up.
- Eventually you'll hit a room with two exits, one left and one right. There might be a rare mob Scarshield Quartermaster in front of the left one. Take the right and go up a ramp.
- Go right again, avoiding mobs in the hall, and look to your right when you enter the room at the end. That's the instance you want.
- Go up the ramp. There's a set of staircases on either side of the room that lead to the same bridge. Go up one of them and go through the righthand doorway. You'll hit a dead end. Jump down to the left.
- Ahead of you are 6 mobs on a lower level. Keep to the left and go around the corner. The twisting hall here is free of mobs.
- Ahead are 5 more mobs and some flags, seen through a small doorway. Head out and keep to your left.
- Bear down the slope on their left -- there should be a huge overhang above you on the left and 4 mobs around a brazier on your right.
- Keep left, avoiding the mobs on your right. You should see a bridge ahead, covered with mobs. DO NOT CROSS IT.
- At the bottom of the ramp, head straight right. Looking down, you should see two round red tents immediately below you, one larger (on the right) and one smaller (on the left). You should not need to fight anything to get to this spot if you're careful.
- Jump down between the tents. There are mobs beneath them, so try to land as far out as possible.
- Head west (right, if you're facing the wall you jumped toward). You should see lava on your right and a long corridor of red tents around the corner.
- Make a winding path south through the tents and Firebrand mobs. There's a patrol to watch out for, but at 70 we were able to ninja through.
- At the end, you look up a long blue-lighted ramp and see spiders at the end.
- The spider room is simple. Fight through the mobs, picking up eggs as you go. Eggs respawn and give you 2-3 per loot, so there are enough for everyone.
- Go out of the spider room and forward. You will see ogres ahead. Hug the left and sneak around the corner. Follow the ramp up (it doubles back above the lower path) and go straight toward the square lit doorway at the end, staying to your left to avoid the rooms full of Spire Scorpids.
- In the corridor you've entered, which bends like a long lowercase "n" at the bottom of your minimap, go west until you see the big wolf Halycon. 4 worg pups are at her feet. Aggro the pups and capture them in the provided cage.
This has been a supplement to Pet Collection.