It's a basic fact that mounts and riding skills in the game are expensive. In fact, over a character's lifetime, if he or she wants all the available types of riding speed, it will cost 6,700g (NOT including mount prices, which tend to run 110g before 70).
And that's per character. Add a beloved alt into the mix, and you have some serious cashflow issues.
This is my advice:
- Make an alt. It could be your bank alt or a savings alt, but the idea is that you won't touch this character's money.
- Start sending this character the cash you can spare -- make it a % of your character's money, and do it on a regular basis. (Bank characters should be sending the majority of their profits to this savings, just keeping enough to manage their own auctions.)
- Level 70s without time to do dailies should try to squeeze in 2 dailies a week and send the resulting 20g to their savings character. (There's a very nice bombing quest that requires no effort at all on the Isle of Quel'danis.)
- If you can, get in the habit of doing the easiest daily every day. That's 70g a week without a lot of effort. (People often think they have to do all the dailies once they start, but limiting yourself can free a lot of your play time for more important things.)
- If you have trouble keeping your money untouched, get a trustworthy friend or relative to keep it for you. (If this person has their own money issues, don't send it to them.) My brother's brother-in-law is sending his savings to the GL, who is my husband's best friend and would never bilk anyone out of their gold.